Try your hands out on the mango cake this summer. It can be served either as a dessert recipe with a choice of frosting or as an evening snack with a choice of coffee or tea beverage.
• 1 cup of mango
• ¾ cup (180grams) sugar
• ½ cup (120ml) oil
• 1 tbsp vinegar
• 1 tbsp yellow food colour
• 2 cup (280 grms) maida/plain flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• ½ tbsp baking soda
• ½ tbsp salt
• ½ cup milk
For baking in cooker: Salt or sand
• Prep time: 10mins
• Cook time: 45mins
• Total time: 55mins
• Blend 1 cup of mango and ¾ cup sugar together. Blend it to smooth puree dissolving sugar completely.
• Take one large bowl add mango pure 1/2 cup oil, 1 tbsp vinegar and ½ tbsp yellow food colour. Give it a nice mix while making sure that everything gets combined.
• Now strain 2 cup maida, 1 tbsp baking powder, ½ tbsp baking soda and ½ tbsp salt with mesh strainer. Now add ¼ cup milk until the batter is combined well.
• To prepare cake pre-heat a cooker for 5-10mins by adding 1 ½ cup of salt and close the lid of the cooker without keeping the gasket and whistle.
• Now transfer the cake batter to a cake mould spread equally throughout the mould. Make sure to line a butter paper at the bottom to prevent from sticking also tap twice level up uniformly and remove any air bubbles if present. Place the cake pan into pre-hated cooker.
• Cover and cook on a medium flame for 45min, you can alternatively, preheat and bake at 180-degree Celsius for 45min.
• Insert a toothpick and check if the cake has baked completely. Let cool the cake and then unmould the aam cake.
• Finally, Enjoy eggless mango cake as it is or decorates with frosting.