You can beat the sun this summer by chilled mango kulfi by preparing at home. With the help of few ingredients and small preps you are ready to serve sweet and delicious mango kulfi. Mango kulfi is an Indian frozen dense dessert made from milk and mango puree.
• 2.5 cups of milk of your choice
• 2.5 cups of mango puree – approx 3 to 4 large sized alphonso mangoes can be used
• ¼ or ½ cup sugar – depends on the sweetness of the mangoes. So adjust accordingly.
• 4 to 5 green cardamom crushed or ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
• 1 pinch of saffron
• 12 to 15 unsalted pistachois – blanched or soaked, peeled and sliced (keep some for garnishing)
• 2 to 3 tablespoon almond paste (almond meal) or khoya (mawa or dried evaporated milk solids) – optional
• 2.5 or 3 tablespoon rice flour or 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 3 tablespoon regular milk.
• Prep time : 10mins
• Cooking time: 20mins
• Total timing: 30mins
• Add milk and saffron in a pan. Start heating milk on a low flame, let the milk come to a gentle heat. Do not boil the milk fully.
• Add sugar to the milk. Keep stirring the milk till the sugar gets dissolved.
• Dissolve the rice flour in 3 tbsp milk. Add this rice floor paste to the milk. Keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed.
• Continue to cook until the mixture gets thickens. Switch of the flame.
• Add the almond paste or khoya to the milk. Stir and let the mixture cool.
• Add mango puree, chopped pistachio slices and mix well.
• Pour Mango kulfi into kulfi moulds. Freeze for 8-10 hours.
• Serve Mango Kulfi chilled and sliced topped with saffron, sliced pistachios and cardamom powder.